We take your privacy seriously.
use of our Sites and our services.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our website (such as PierreGastonWatches.com), and/or any related services, sales, marketing or events (we refer to them collectively in this privacy notice as the “Services”).
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Like most website operators and many businesses, WWN collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the IP address, browser and device characteristic, operating system, language preference, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytic and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
2. WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer price draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account and keeping it in working order.
- To enforce our terms or if you violate our Terms of Service, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons, and Contractual Reasons.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate an improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We may process or share data bases on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to you use your personal information in a specific purpose. When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your payment information, place an order, arrange for a delivery, return, or exchange, it is implied that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. In such cases like newsletter subscriptions, marketing, etc, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to opt-out.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as a response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to safely of any person and illegal activities,
or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Consultants and Other Third Party Service Providers. We may share your data with service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data
about how you interact with the Services over time.
- This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for
their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Content Optimization. Google Fonts and Typekit.
- Invoice and Billing. Woocommerce, Stripe, Amazon Payments, and Blockonomics (for Bitcoin). If you choose a direct payment gateway (such as Stripe or Amazon Payments) to complete your purchase, then the payment gateway processes and stores your credit card data. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as it necessary to complete your purchase transaction. We do not store nor do we have access to your credit card data. For more insight, you may also want to read Stripe’s and Amazon Payments’ Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising. Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr social plugins.
- Web and Mobile Analytics. Google Analytics.
- Website Hosting. WordPress.com.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this policy will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 1 year past the termination of the user’s account. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data fromour records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, to request rectification or erasure, to restrict the processing of your personal information, and if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact us. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before it’s withdrawal. If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to acceptcookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time be clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
- Access your account settings and update preferences.
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
We may update this policy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
10. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
Contact us if you have questions or comments about this policy.